Why should you learn a new language?
Speaking a new language helps you to get to know another people and culture, as language and culture go hand in hand. Because language simultaneously defines and is defined by the world around us, learning another language opens one’s mind to new ideas and new ways of looking at the world.
A learner who has no prior knowledge of the language and would like to understand and speak basic phrases and wants to understand familiar words and very common expressions and to interact in a simple way.
- Introduce yourself with greetings in Japanese:
- Numbers – cardinal numbers and ordinal numbers
- Time – hours, days, months, time phrases (today, tomorrow…)
- Places – shops, important buildings
- Daily life – routines, free time
- Job, Profession, Colleagues, Relatives
- Home & People
- Culture – how to bow
- Three writing systems in Japanese (Hiragana, Katakana, Kanji)
- Singular vs. Plural
- Basic Japanese grammar rules – particles : か (ka), は (wa), の (no), と
(to), を (o),に (ni),も(mo), が (ga), や (ya) .
- Pronouns – subject, object, possessive
- Basic pronunciation rules
- Lots of speaking-inc. situational exercises & interaction